No doubt it's been a great year for music, but it's been a particularly awesome one for K-pop. Before we rack our brains to create all the year-end lists and recaps your heart can imagine, it's time to decide the year's top K-pop music video. RIGHT. NOW.
For the first time ever, FM will host its own K-pop music video countdown to go alongside our sister station's annual Top 40 countdown. Here, we let YOU rank the year's most brilliant, boldest, and breathtakingly beautiful visuals. From the best boy bands to great girl groups, superstar soloists to hip-hop honchos and everything in between, we've got this year covered.
How to vote in FM's K-Pop Top 40 of 2015
1. Check out all the videos on our list and pick out your favorites
2. Go here and vote for your fave videos in our selected match-ups for each round
3. Share with others in your fanbase!
Voting lasts until December 17, as artists move through six rounds of head-to-head bracket eliminations. YOUR votes determine who advances and who gets left behind. You can vote as many times as you like, but note at the top of each round when it ends.
But wait—don't forget about the Wildcards!
Let us explain: Every vote is crucial in K-Pop Top 40 because the eliminated artists who rack up the most votes return in Round 4. Three artists in total will be brought back to life—one from Round 1, one from Round 2 and one from Round 3. So, even if your fave gets knocked out in one of the first three rounds, you might still get a chance for redemption!
The ultimate winner will be revealed right here on FM.tv on Thursday, December 17.
Every artist knows they are nothing without their supportive fanbase, and they're counting on you to prove they crafted the year's best music video. Make your voice heard by rocking the vote right here, right now.
Full rundown of all six rounds of K-Pop Top 40:
- Round 1:
- Wednesday, Nov. 18, 1PM ET – Wednesday, Nov. 25, 4PM ET
- 40 videos, 20 match-ups
- Round 2:
- Wednesday, Nov. 25, 6PM ET – Thursday, Dec. 3, 4PM ET
- 20 videos, 10 match-ups
- Round 3:
- Thursday, Dec. 3, 6PM ET – Monday, Dec. 7 at 4PM ET
- 10 videos, 5 match-ups
- Round 4:
- Monday, Dec. 7, 6PM ET – Friday, Dec. 11 at 3PM ET
- 8 videos, 4 match-ups (three Wildcards return from Rounds 1, 2 and 3)
- Round 5:
- Friday, Dec. 11, 4PM ET – Monday, Dec. 14 at 4PM ET
- 4 videos, 2 match-ups
- Round 6:
- Monday, Dec. 14, 5PM ET – Wednesday, Dec. 16 at 6PM ET
- Final 2 videos go head-to-head to decide the No. 1 video of 2015
- *Note: The final round will no longer be blind voting