LOS ANGELES AND NEW YORK – November 16, 2015 – Fuse Media has announced the
first original programming for FM, its new cable network and digital media brand, premieres today, Monday, November 16. A multi-platform network, FM has been programmed to deliver unique, innovative and music-centric content that is opinionated, raw, buzz-worthy and irreverent.
The programming block will be available on television, with exclusive digital content on FM.tv, and expands upon sister network Fuse’s mission of targeting and engaging the fast-growing and diverse 18-34 “New Young American” audience.
FM’s initial new, original programming includes the weekly series TIËSTO’S IN THE BOOTH, EXPLICIT LANGUAGE and CRATE DIGGERS – with additional programming to be added as the brand evolves and builds its popularity and credibility throughout 2016. The line-up is rounded out by original short-form series FM QUICKIES along with music video blocks, licensed programming, music specials and films.
In addition to these series, FM.tv will also feature video content that complements the network’s TV programming. FM is also working with Anthony Valadez (KCRW radio), Karli Henriquez (DASH Radio) and other tastemakers to co-create short-form video content for both its TV and digital platforms.
Original Series Descriptions, Dates and Times
- TIËSTO’S IN THE BOOTH (28 episodes x 15 min) – A whirlwind look behind the scenes of the biggest EDM DJ in the world. From Milan to Chicago to Rio, Tiësto keeps the crowd moving with his head in the clouds and his feet on the ground. Catch up on the first three seasons of this digital hit series on FM, with an all new season coming to the network in 2016 that will track Tiësto on a journey to find the next wave of mega DJs. Seasons one through three premiere on FM on Monday, November 16, 11:00 p.m. ET/PT (episode one also available on FM.tv).
- EXPLICIT LANGUAGE (8 episodes x 30 min) – This half-hour block of curated vignettes from the producers behind SKEE TV showcases a range of talent across today’s most influential voices of youth culture – lifestyle, animation, culture and – at its core – music. Talent, brands and personalities such as The Hundreds, Nick Swardson, Kreayshawn and Dennis Rodman and will be featured. Premieres Monday, November 16, 11:15 p.m. ET/PT.
- CRATE DIGGERS (8 episodes x 15 min) – This iconic DJ introspective show uses vinyl records as a jumping off point for conversations between artists that shine light on music, collectors and other cool people. With their favorite records as a soundtrack, artists and writers sit down with host Anthony Valadez of KCRW radio to share their connections to the music through jaw-dropping personal stories. Premieres Monday, November 16, 11:45 p.m. ET/PT, featuring KCRW Music Director and host of EDM show “Metropolis” Jason Bentley, with subsequent guests to include DJ Day, DJ Nobody, Dublab, DJ B+, Carlos Nino, Free the Robots and Mona Lisa.
- FM QUICKIES – For those with short attention spans, FM QUICKIES is the video equivalent of 140 characters, bringing viewers some of the most intriguing figures and cultural movements in the world of music today. These cinematic shorts feature the musicians, artists, and rule breakers that are shaping the landscape of tomorrow, and appear throughout the network’s schedule and on FM.tv, including during the above one-hour originals block.
Along with the above series, music blocks curated by FM include:
- AM/FM (Weekdays, 6-9 a.m. ET/ 3-6 a.m. PT) – Upbeat emerging artists to get the morning started
- DOPE $H!T (Weekdays, 12-3 p.m. ET/ 9 a.m.-12 p.m. PT) – Hip hop and rap across various subcultures
- PM/FM (Weekdays, 3-6 a.m. ET/ 12-3 a.m. PT) – Testing the limits with experimental and edgy themes
- THE NEW NEW (Tue/Thu, 3-5 p.m. ET/ 12-2 p.m. PT) – Cheat sheet for the emerging music enthusiast
- MELT YA FACE (Mon/Wed 3-5 p.m. ET/ 12-2 p.m. PT) – A deep dive of the best and upcoming modern EDM
FM is a multi-platform network that empowers music lovers to engage in a conversation. It is a place for them to contribute their own content and create a community that interacts with, influences, and celebrates the culture of music. On TV,FM reaches nearly 40 million households and is available on Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Bright House, DISH, Cox, Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-verse, Frontier, Suddenlink, CenturyLink and SureWest. Online and mobile content is available at FM.tv. FM is owned by Fuse, LLC, which provides entertainment and lifestyle content across traditional and digital platforms that appeal to the wide-ranging tastes and attitudes of the fast-growing, diverse 18-34 audience of New Young Americans. Learn more at .
# # #